- 5 cups Ground Oatally Awesome (either flavour)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- (optional) ¼ cup Ground Chia Seeds – helps to bind bars
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (or Figs)
- (optional) 1 cup Protein Powder – to increase protein content
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil
- Using a blender or food processor, grind Oatally Awesome slightly (3 or 4 pulses to get medium-course texture), this will help bind your bars.
- Place in a bowl, add cinnamon, protein powder (if desired) and mix well.
- Purée applesauce together with dates and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave (approx. 45 sec.) or stove top method until oil is completely melted.
- Add applesauce mixture to coconut oil, add ground Chia and stir to combine.
- Add this mixture to Oatally Awesome, combine well (we use our hands).
- Press mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan and refrigerate for hours.
- Slice bars to your desired size, keep refrigerated for up to one week or wrap and freeze. Enjoy!
To make chocolate flavour basic bar recipe: add your choice of unsweetened bakers chocolate, carob chips, chocolate protein powder or regular chocolate chips. We use cocoa powder. How much? Depends on how chocolaty you want your bars!